Monday, April 14, 2008

The other day I was Googling myself (I do this weekly) and got a little carried away with the search results. Anyway, one thing led to another and I found myself at a message board about people who are addicted to eating candles. Yeah, no really. Here are some snippets that will give you the jist:

AT:

what are candles made of?. can anyone tell me about the impact of eating candles?..i like to melt them and eat them .. i light aa candle and tilt it so that melted wax falls on a bowl..it also has some black carbon particles on it. and then i eat it warm.


Natalie Goobernau:

Candle wax tastes like gum. If you roll your candle in melted butter before consumption it's even tastier.


Erin:

My kids think I am crazy. I LOVE to eat candles. It started when I was young and liked to eat crayons. Not just any crayons, not just any candles. I love non-scented emergency candles. The texture, the taste satisfies me like nothing else . Does anyone know if this is dangerous?

There were several other entries along these same lines, and I just couldn't help but be a big fat jerk:

Me (aka "baMama"):

I am starting a company called "The Candle Diet" would you guys be interested in helping me with product testing?

I can't wait to see the responses.
Here's the page, if you'd like to join their support group, weirdo.

No comments: