Friday, April 11, 2008

Naked and Famous (name that tune!)

I.M. message I sent to a longtime friend of mine today (we both recently picked up photography):


"Rememeber that one time in high school we were so poor we couldn't even afford ONE SINGLE SHIRT so we both contributed to half of the purchase and then spent the next 3 years fighting over whose turn it was to wear said shirt to school? Although tempting, let's not ever do that with our camera equipment."


Last night I bought a set of lens extension tubes for my camera. I took a 3 hour beginner's photography class and they offered 15% off to all the participants for the evening, so I just couldn’t pass it up, especially since I had been drooling over a $600 macro lens for MONTHS now, wishing I could afford it, and then the teacher told me OH DON’T GET THAT WHEN YOU CAN GET A LENS EXTENSION TUBE because they provide the same effect for much less.


So I believed him.


And I bought them.


And I took pictures with them around my house until 11:45 last night.


And they are awesome.


And I am pleased.


And I can’t wait for warm weather because I really need to go on a nature walk with my new lens extension tubes!


Plus they make my camera look REALLY FREAKING AWESOME and HUGE.


Which makes me look awesome.


Which makes people think I’m famous.


And they want to give me money.


Amen.


No comments: