Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Is this considered a meme? Cause if so, I have to slap myself now.

Summer just dumped her purse the other day, and it was neat. And it was pretty. And it was organized. And at first I thought to myself how I would never be able to do such a thing because my purse is more commonly referred to as The Black Hole than it is "my purse". But then I thought, "Or? I could dump The Black Hole for the entire internet to see. And then one third of the entire internet could laugh. And one third of the entire internet could be disgusted with me. And the remaining third might just breathe a sigh of relief that they are not the only ones who really need to clean out their purse.

I was going to keep it really real at first and just literally dump it onto the couch. But the diameter of crap didn't fit within my camera frame that way, so I had to line things up in rows in order to get it all in one picture. So maybe you disgusted third won't be quite so disgusted afterall.


Pair of giraffe baby shoes, mostly empty wallet and "5" gum.

Easter egg picture thingy my son made for me at daycare (okay, his teacher totally did it for him, but still).

Measuring tape (just in case!)

Measuring cup to measure water for my protein shakes, because I've tried eyeballing it several times and I can't get anywhere CLOSE to 8 ounces.

Glasses & USD cash.

Cuticle cutter (I cut them a few times per week because I'm neurotic)

Brand new toothbrush (JUST IN CASE, PEOPLE)

Pens, calculator, seven things of lipgloss, The CrackBerry.

Taiwanese cash from my trip there three years ago. It's gaining value every day I refrain from exchanging it. Pretty much my retirement plan.

Santa notepad (procrastinator, or early planner?)

Receipts, cards, frequent buyer punch cards I next to never use, checkbook and kid snacks.

Bottle of pure perfume oil: Jasmine. (Just in case.)


Oh, and by the way these four cards? I used them to break into my house one day after locking myself out. They're completely munched. I learned this trick in high school. My parents got so sick of me sneaking in the house late that they finally started locking me out after it hit a certain time of night (er, morning). Either that or my little brother assumed I was already home and inadvertently locked me out night after night.

So there. I dumped.

What's in your wallet?

No comments: