Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Sleepy Winter

It's been such a snowy, slushy, disgusting mess for the last several weeks. Yesterday I pulled onto a somewhat stunning sight on my street. It was just before sunset and everyone was inside their houses, hiding from the arctic tundra outside. The neighborhood looked like a perfect white canvas: snow gripping to stucco, painting all four sides of every house white because of the strong wind, not an inch of asphalt peeking through the six inch blanket of snow on the ground.

I pulled into the garage and emerged again one minute later donning a crocheted hat and my camera.

But I couldn't stand to make it past the front porch, which is covered, making it the only bit of color on our otherwise sleepy street. Suburban winter. It was a lovely sight.



No comments: