Monday, December 10, 2007

Perhaps a fitting follow-up post to the one where you learned my husband used to babysit me.

We were just at Costco, and there was a cute girl about my age working the checkout line. I thought I heard another employee call her "McKenna". So when we got up to her, I asked, "Did he just call you McKenna?" She said yes and I said, "We have the same name!" She then gave me a high-five and said, "Awesome! I've never met another McKenna that was older than me!" And the rest of the conversation doesn't even need to be written here because, I mean, what else is there, right?

Except that in the parking lot on the way out this happened:

"I swear that girl in there was no younger than you."
"I know right? Do I look old for my age? "
"Well I didn't think so but one has to beg the question after that!"
"Maybe it's because I have a baby."
"Or maybe it's me."
"It's YOU! YOU make me look old! You drag me up to 30!"

No comments: