Wednesday, May 14, 2008

My curls could take them or leave them.

Here is the product I talked about the other day. Buying it seemed like such a great idea at the time. I have naturally curly hair, which often gets quite a bit of frizz, especially when it's over dried. Enter Curls Like Us, the product that claims to be made of a "special patent pending fabric" that wicks away just the right amount of moisture pre-blowdry, resulting in silky, bouncy, shiny curls and no frizz whatsoever.
Sounds fabulous right? I was sold. And then my Curls Like Us Curl Cloth arrived. I opened the box to find a foot of jersey cotton sewn up into a loop and surged on the end with colorful thread. Hm. Coulda made this for 2 bucks. Well, let's not get too upset until we try it, mkay? So I did. I followed the directions exactly. And I didn't notice one single difference between blotting my curls with a regular towel before blow drying and blotting it with jersey cotton. In fact, I tried it several times, and it takes me approximately 3 times longer with the Curl Cloth as opposed to a regular towel to get my hair to look exactly the same as usual. Oh well, who could even use an extra thirty bucks including shipping, anyway? Not I. Except yeah, I KIND OF COULD.

To be fair (and because I realize I may not represent 100% of the curled community), I searched far and wide for some positive reviews to link here. Here are the two I could find, although I can't tell if they were "sponsored" reviews or not:

Positive review
Positive review

I know this post applies to about 4% of my readers, and I promise to never do a product review again. Ever. Unless I become compelled to do so. But I probably won't.

And, I hope you haven't noticed, but I confess I'm feeling a little disenchanted with the internetz lately. I dunno, I'm just not feelin the love much. Perhaps it's just chronic writer's block or maybe reversed seasonal depression. Like now that the sun's out I've got the blahs? Maybe I'm committing bloggy suicide by admitting all this. Kinda like when Tom Cruise jumped on Oprah's couch, except not really like that at all.

No comments: