Saturday, October 13, 2007

Basement Progress

We've been working on finishing our little basement for months and it's finally starting to come together. We still have some finishing touches, but here is a preview, and I need your advice on a coupla things.

Behold, the enormous wetbar. I don't know why I couldn't picture its massiveness during the design phase. I was picturing this cute little nook and, well...shabang! But it's growing on me, the size is okay for the room its in and I think it'll be great now that we're starting to move furniture down there.
Still need kick plates under the cabinets and something on the wall. The flooring is stained cement and we're in love with it. Two questions:

1. What on the wall?
2. That faucet is a little "HELLO!" for a basement wet bar, right? Thinking of swapping it for our smaller kitchen faucet. Thoughts?


Really excited about these window treatments I found at Ikea. What you see before you is a set of six metal tracks with which to slide these panels of fabric...
The quaking aspens and the dark brown were pre-made from Ikea, the 3 privacy-creating camel panels behind them I sewed today. Because each panel is on its own track, all six pieces can be pulled to one side of the window to let in a lot of light.

Need advice: do these windows (there are two in this room with the same quaky treatments) need something above them? Like trim? These are one piece of nature in an otherwise very industrial looking family room.

The paint has more gray in it than the picture shows, but see my creativeness? Same shade of paint in two finishes: eggshell and high-gloss.

And now for the FRIDGE OF DEATH, brought to you by my entertaining husband. If Martha Stewart were a manly-man, her name would be Steve. When the guys come over for football night, he is quite the host. This is all just for tonight. I'm scared.

****All the above pictures were taken this afternoon about two hours before Steve's football-watching, X-Boxing buddies arrived. The deal is, they can stink up the basement for as long as they want, and I get a quiet, peaceful time with my friend Natasha upstairs. We chatted and created a sewing pattern tonight. She left hours ago and I've been catching up on the blogosphere ever since. Just now I thought I'd brave it and see how bad it is down there. Here are my findings:

Brand New Family Room View 1:
(3 TVs, 3 x-boxes, 3 players)

Brand New Family Room View 2:
(2 TVs, 2 x-boxes, 4 players)
And this is after a few have gone home.
And it smells like an enormous fart down there.
And the FRIDGE OF DEATH is now 1/2 empty.
And church starts at 9am.
It's 1am now.
Can I have some sympathy?

No comments: