Thursday, January 18, 2007

Pushing for $6300

It's Thursday again and I just had my weigh in for the week. I am now 242.3 lbs. That's 5.3 lbs less than last Thursday and another 2.13% body weight.

I promised I'd tell you what I am doing to lose weight. There are two things. One is my diet and exercise regime and the other is my motivation source. And here they are:

Diet
I'm doing a program called Isagenix and it's the easiest diet I've ever followed (and I've followed pretty much all of them). It's easier than Weight Watchers, South Beach, etc. My mindset has changed, so I know that's some of it, but what I love about it is that it is completely automated for me. I don't have to THINK about food which is a great thing because as soon as I start thinking about food, I start drooling over cheese and chocolate - although not together... hmmm maybe something to try as a reward sometime.

Motivation
I'm in a group of local people competing to lose weight. We all put in money each week which goes into a bank account set up for the group. Each week is a mini-contest on its own because the "Biggest Loser" for the given week, doesn't have to pay anything for the next week in the contest. 2nd place only pays a small fraction, 3rd place a bigger fraction, 4th place gets a small discount, and everyone else pays full price. There's enough people in the competition that the end winning pot includes $6300 cash for the one with the most percentage of weight loss. For me, because I'm bigger, this will be a challenge because if I lose 10 lbs and someone small loses 10 lbs, their 10 lbs kicks butt all over my 10 lbs. Last week with 4.9 lbs and 1.63% loss, I was in 16th place - still 15 from the bottom! ROUGH COMPETITION! Results don't come out until tomorrow morning but I did better this week than last and I have a feeling this is going to be a "tortoise and the hair" race. I may not be losing 14 lbs per week like our current winner (what on earth is she doing!?) but she'll slow down and I'm NOT backing out!

Wish me luck for next week.

Beginning Weight: 252.0
Current Weight: 242.6
Next Weeks Goal: 236.6lbs

No comments: