Monday, April 11, 2005

Extended Taiwan Trip Means Possible Coolpix

Alright, that's it. I love it so much here I just can't tear myself away so I've decided to stay an extra week! Okay, not entirely true, but I am staying. The client I'm working for is in some trouble and great as I am, two weeks just hasn't panned out as I had hoped. This extension didn't come without mucho grande begging from the company's execs. In fact, they've thrown in an upgraded hotel room and a full day at the spa this Sunday. I've never been taken better care of while visiting a client. While I'd much rather be home, this is a not-so-awful second option.

I'm not ONLY playing. I generally work about 10 hours per day in the office, including Saturday. Sunday is my day off. That's where I get to soak in most of the culture. Although I do learn quite a bit watching the city below from the office window.

Extra traveling days means extra daily per diem...per diem that I'm not using much of because my client keeps insisting on paying for meals. So to put it to good use, I'm deciding between the Nikon Coolpix 4600 and the Coolpix S1 (please, if you have any advice as to which, comment here). Maybe I'll have my beetlenut-chewing personal chauffer (recently promoted from taxi driver), Joe, take me to the Nikon store tonight. If so, you'll all be in for a visual treat tomorrow!

No comments: