Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Tell me what you think, and don't lie.

I'm pretty sure everyone who reads this blog knows I've been a graphic designer for a decade, give or take. I mainly work in the realm of corporate identity: logos, catalogs, business cards, websites, etc., but every now and again I do personal-type items like birth announcements and wedding invitations.

For the last few holiday seasons, some friends and family have asked me to design custom Christmas cards, gift tags, etc. I'm happy to do it for my favorite people for free. (They just reimburse me for the cost of printing.)

The other day I was anticipating the upcoming design frenzy I normally experience during the next couple of months, and a great idea came to me. I decided to create a handful of designs (some with specific friends and family members' personalities in mind) for my best buddies to choose from this season. That way, I could very quickly implement their customizations and possibly avoid going bonkers this year! (Friends, I love you. You could never make me bonkers.)

As I was finishing up the last design, I realized that streamlining this process made it completely scalable. I could offer the same gift I give my closest friends to everyone, and it would require no extra work on my behalf. So that's what I've decided to do...

My holiday gift to my family's family and my friends' friends (and their friends and family, too!) is to give them access to my holiday cards, letters, gift tags and stickers for FREE! All you'll need to pay for is the cold, hard cost of printing. Annnnd, I've scored us all some pretty amazing prices with my long-standing offset and digital press relationships. I can KILL VistaPrint on pricing, as well as Costco, Heritage Makers, etc. Except that I'm giddy with gleeful glee (Do you watch Glee? It's my fave new show this season) to promise you that the quality of printing I'm able to offer is incomparably higher.

So now, please do the following:

1. Go check out the handful of designs I have put up at www.kennalyn.com and let me know what you think! I'll be adding more designs periodically, and if you are looking for a Christmas card with, say, a hippopotamus on it? Just let me know, I'll do my best to make a darling one available asap.

2. Feel no obligation to order your holiday paper goods through me. Remember, I created this process first and foremost to save ME time. But if you like what you see, by all means, take advantage. And share the love! Send to anyone you think might be interested.

NOTE: You can also design your OWN business cards, magnets, sitckers, bookmarks, envelopes, letters, cards and more using my online design portal. Just upload your own design and take advantage of killer prices.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Awesome! Your designs are so beautiful! I especially love the Dec 25th postcard design. Maybe this year I'll be one of those responsible members of society who send out Christmas cards.

Erin said...

How very lovely.

Chanté said...

Do you have a button yet?! I LOOOOVE buttons to put on my blog.

Karlene said...

I love the red one with the bow on it.