Sunday, October 11, 2009

Seasons

Sometimes life just kind of kicks your butt, doesn't it? How do many of the full time working moms I know do it all? Work, be a mom, cook dinner every night, shave BOTH legs, look hot and stay caught up on laundry? I fall short on at least one of these things each week.

Or, am I just seeing what I want to see? Maybe they don't get it all done like it appears. Maybe they look at me and wonder how I keep it all together. (That's laughable. If they were only to come take a peek in my fridge. Or under my couch!)

A week or so ago, cjane posted something I haven't stopped thinking about.

"I am not right. I am not right because I am not listening to what is right. Right for me, my body, my season of life."

Like cjane, my current season is not about house decoration, rather organization and cleanliness.

My season is not about fashion, rather simple items that are easily laundered.

My season is not about cooking elegant meals, rather green smoothies, sandwiches, and plain produce.

My season is for getting through. For working at the office and leaving it all there as I drive out of the parking lot. For soaking in every second of time I get with my son (and soak it all in, I do.) A season for growing with my husband and creating our family.

Though many women can do more, I cannot ask myself to do more than the above.

Another season may call for fashion-forward wardrobes, social entertaining and silk drapery.

Until then, this is enough. I don't need any more than this to be happy.

4 comments:

Erika said...

amen! :)

Natasha Ireland said...

That's great...really thanks for sharing. Good for you!

Meg said...

You rock my world. :)

Karlene said...

I wish someone had explained that to me when I was your age. I'm going to have to ponder this and determine what season I'm in right now...