Thursday, July 16, 2009

Isn't he a little young for this?

My son's fingernails grow so fast, it seems like we're clipping them every third day - and that frequency is slightly on the side of neglect. He hates having them clipped, so we invented a game called "POP!" about a year ago, and that has helped us all survive grooming time much more happily.

So the other day, I picked him up from spending the day at his Nana's house and his nails had been cut. Steve and I inspected her fine work, wondering how she got such a close cut. That was a week ago, and I just realized last night that I hadn't cut his nails in a while, so I checked them and sure enough, they're perfectly manicured.

Tonight after bathtime, we were cuddling up to a movie and I looked over at Carter and he was biting his nails! Drool dripping down his bare belly, and a handful of fingernails in his other hand. Turns out he's been biting off his toenails too.

What... the... crap.

He's barely two. Is this normal???

No comments: